What is Hand Pain
Hand pain is a normal part of life. However, it can prevent you from carrying out your usual day-to-day activities and can make you feel worried and frustrated.
The good news is that hand symptoms can be treated by you at home.
On this page you will find links to information about a range of conditions affecting the hand as well as some general information useful to patients with hand problems.
These links are to trusted sources – information from our clinicians, the British Society for Surgery of the Hand, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, and Versus Arthritis.
- Do your joints ache?
- Do you get pins and needles in your hand?
- Do you get pins and needles in just your little finger and ring finger?
- Do you have pain on the thumb side of your wrist?
- Do you have tight bands in your palm?
- Do you have a lump on your wrist or finger?
- Does your finger/ thumb lock in a bent position?