What is Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain could be caused by a number of conditions:
- Rotator cuff problem - shoulder or upper arm pain, particularly when lifting the arm, lying on it or using the sore muscles
- Acromioclavicular joint pain – painful joint on the tip of the shoulder where the collar bone and shoulder blade join
- Frozen shoulder - is the painful and gradual stiffening of the shoulder capsule
- Referred shoulder pain - pain is experienced in an area away from the actual injury or problem e.g. pain in shoulder which is usually referred from the neck or upper back
- Osteoarthritis - progressive wearing of the cartilage of the joint, which can lead to pain
- Shoulder instability - dislocation or excessive movement of the shoulder joint