Managing my weight
- Along with appropriate dietary intake, physical activity is an important part of maintaining healthy weight, losing weight, and keeping extra weight off once it has been lost.
- Physical activity also helps reduce abdominal fat and preserve muscle during weight loss. Adults should aim for a healthy, stable body weight. The amount of physical activity necessary to achieve this weight varies greatly from person to person.
- The first step in achieving or maintaining a healthy weight is to meet the minimum level of physical activity in the guidelines. For some people this will result in a stable and healthy body weight, but for many it may not.
In order to help plan the next steps think about the following
- How would you like things to be different?
- What have you tried before to make yourself feel better and in less pain?
- What were the good things about what you tried previously and what are the less good things about it?
- What will do next?
If you need support with other areas of life such as a health check, diet, debt, housing, parenting, benefits, emotional wellbeing, housing, employment or free activities then click here