What is SPARS?
The Sheffield Physical Activity Referral Scheme, or SPARS is for people with health conditions who want to 'Move More'.
- In Sheffield we run an exercise referral program to help people start the process of incorporating more movement into their everyday life.
- The exercise referral scheme is a 12-week program in which people can be referred if they have a stable medical condition.
- There are various venues that cover the scheme throughout the city and include all council facilities
- You may choose any ONE of the venues to embark on the scheme.
- You can also self-refer to the scheme if you need some encouragement and motivation towards a healthier lifestyle.
Cost of the scheme
Costs for the scheme vary throughout the city with a maximum fee of £4.50 for a full day pass
Completing the scheme
At the end of the 12 weeks there are exercise referral membership options available for you to continue exercising at a reduced cost.
You will receive a phone call or welcome letter on receipt of your completed referral form and will be offered an appointment at your preferred venue. At your first appointment we like to find out about you, your hopes and how we can assist you in better health and fitness. After your initial appointment, you will have at least 2 follow up appointments and a review at the end of 12 weeks.