Moving more with knee and hip pain
Exercising with knee and hip pain can bring many benefits with some studies demonstrating that:
- People who exercised rated their pain to be 1.2 points lower on a scale of 0 to 20, an improvement of 6%).
- Physical function improved by about 5%
- People's confidence in what they could do increased by 2%
- As a general rule, if you have osteoarthritis in your hip or knee it is fine to exercise. If you get pain, stop or slow down. Don't push through the pain - listen to what your body is telling you.
In order to help plan the next steps think about the following:
- How would you like things to be different?
- What have you tried before to make yourself feel better and in less pain?
- What were the good things about what you tried previously and what are the less good things about it?
- What will you do next?
If you need support with other areas of life such as a health check, diet, debt, housing, parenting, benefits, emotional wellbeing, housing, employment or free activities then click here